Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Smokers SUCK!

Ok... so we have had some nice weather the past couple of weeks and I have been driving the little car again. Its nice to drive something different and I love to put the top down. :-) Anyway, I have to say that there is one thing that really gets me mad (especially when I am in that car). Why do smokers think they have the right to discard their lit cigarette butts out the window? I mean, do they not want to trash the inside of their car with a dirty cigarette butt? If so, haven't they realized that their car smells like ass already because of the nasty fumes? Isn't it littering to throw trash from your car? I just think it is terribly inconsiderate and trashy.

On three different times on the way home last week a smoker threw their butt out the window while they were driving in front of me. I realize that many of us are not schooled in aerodynamics but we have all had the same experience before... when the person in front of you throws out their butt, it inevitably is carried by the draft of the car directly into the car behind them. Now, add to that equation that the person in front of you is a big SUV high off the ground and you are in a sports car that is very low... are you getting the picture now? Predictably, there is a 50/50 chance that their butt is going over the windshield and into the car behind them.

I realize the world is an ever changing place and smokers feel more and more like they are discriminated against. New laws have restricted smoking in public places and now they are forced to smoke outside or in designated areas. Well, all I can say is that these laws exist for a reason. Smoking is a disgusting habit and those that smoke are generally inconsiderate about it. Along with the obvious health factors involved in second hand smoke, flicking your butts out of your car window is just an example of why legislation exists to restrict the habits of smokers.

No comments: