Wednesday, April 02, 2008

In Loving Memory...

You know you have all seen them. The cars that have a sticker on their window that says "In Loving Memory" along with a name and a date. Have you ever wondered what this is all about? Who are these people and why are they doing this?

It is true, you can't go through life without losing a loved one at some point in time, but why the sticker on the car? Did the deceased will the driver the car and this their way of saying thank you to the departed? Was the deceased cremated and their ashes hiden in the car so the sticker is like a headstone? Yeah... I really can't say I understand the behavior. While I feel sorrow for the driver that they have lost someone that was obviously precious to them, I find it difficult to bestow my condolences upon them while I drive at 55 MPH. Which leads me to other questions like... What happens when somebody new dies and you already have a sticker? Do you scratch the original sticker off the window? Do you order the newly departed the larger version for the back window and get one of the smaller ones for the previous guy to put on a side window? I think there is a point where you will run out of windows, don't you? Also, what do you do when you buy a new car? Do you get new stickers? Do you only dedicate your car to the people that die while you have it? It is all very interesting...

Anway... Yeah... not for me... I use my car to drive, not to remember dead people.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You drive 55 MPH?

Todd Krebs said...

That really wasn't the point but since you ask, yes... I do drive 55 MPH. I hit 55 MPH all the time before I reach my true cruising speed. :-)