Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Run Forrest Run

Since I have been running, I have heard a lot of comments - some good, some bad. I guess it comes with the territory. Some people have been ultra supportive while others think you are crazy for running so much. A lot of people like to call me "Forrest Gump" because of all the running that he does in the movie, and again, some say it as a compliment and others as an insult. Personally, I take it as a compliment. Forrest Gump, although not being a very smart was true to himself. He was simple and did what he felt in his heart. I have learned (and still am learning) that life isn't all about material possesions, or being the best at something, or even being smart. It is about being true to yourself and learning from your experiences. I say that I am still learning because I always think there is more to garner from our experiences and so we are all on a path. Anyway, to all those that have called me "Gump", thank you... whatever your intent, it only serves to remind me to be true to myself. If I live a life like Forrest Gump, it would be a life fulfilled.

No comments: