Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Aquatica A40D...

I purchased an Aquatica A40D underwater housing for my Canon 40D in July. I did not have a lot of time to test the system before heading to Bonaire but I did get to the local pool several times to test the equipment for leaks. The system tested out ok and I had no problems with the integrity of the housing. It was only in Bonaire where I noticed a simple but aggrevating problem with the housing. The control on the housing that is responsible for changing the aperature was not properly connecting with the dial on the back of the camera. I would turn the control only to have it slowly and intermittently change the aperture.



I searched the web upon returning home to realize that other owners of this housing have experienced the same problem. I contacted Aquatica and they immediately recognized the problem and told me to send them the back of the housing so they could fix the problem. If you have the same experiences, contact Aquatica and have your equipment serviced.

No comments: